July 30, 2021 – 1:30 p.m.
Meeting place :
Microsoft Office Teams Live Event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
There is no physical location for this meeting.
Closed captioning of this meeting is available. Viewers are encouraged to highlight the closed caption “cc” symbol at the bottom of their viewing screen to activate this feature.
Participants wishing to provide public comment should see the Public comment section below.
- Call to order, welcome and opening remarks – Natalie Vanek, MD, committee chair
- Logistics Announcement and Roll Call – Sallie Allen, Advisory Board Coordination Office, HHSC
- Consideration January 29, 2021 and April 30, 2021, Meeting Minutes – Sallie Allen, Advisory Board Coordination Office, HHSC
- State Department Health Services Updates – Imelda Garcia, MPH Associate Commissioner of Laboratory Services and Infectious Diseases
- Organizational changes
- Presentation by Josh Hutchinson, DSHS Central Pharmacy
- Exceptional article update
- TB / HIV / STD Section Updates – Felipe Rocha, MSSW, TB / HIV / STD Section Director
- THMP budget report
- Meeting Summary Moving Forward Together
- THMP Update – Rachel Sanor, THMP Manager
- The rules change
- Projections and demographic information
- Long-lasting injection medication update
- New Leadership Election Process – Sallie Allen, Advisory Board Coordination Office, HHSC
- Sub-committee reports
- Form Subcommittee – Natalie Vanek, MD
- Governance / Data – Nancy Miertschin
- Eligibility – Frank Rosas
- Public Comment – Sallie Allen, Advisory Board Coordination Office, HHSC
- Action items and agenda items for the next meeting scheduled for November 5, 2021 – Natalie Vanek, MD, Committee Chair
- Adjournment – Natalie Vanek, MD, Committee Chair
Public comment: The State Department of Health Services (DSHS) welcomes comments from the public regarding matters related to the Texas HIV Medication Program. Members of the public who wish to provide public comments are encouraged to complete a public comment form here.
Members of the public who wish to provide written public comments to DSHS can email Mary Richards at [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday July 28, 2021. Please include your name and location. organization you represent, or speak of as a private citizen. Written comments will not be read aloud during the meeting by staff, but comments will be forwarded to Crown staff and Committee members for review. Comments should not include confidential or protected health information.
If you would like to register to provide oral comment, please check the correct box on the public comment form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed by 5:00 PM Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Members of the public can also use the Microsoft Teams Live Events Q&A section during the meeting to submit a request for public comment . The application must contain your name and the organization that you represent, or that you speak as a private citizen, and your direct telephone number. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in comments.
Public comments are limited to three minutes. Each speaker must indicate his name and either the organization he represents, or that he speaks as a private citizen. Members of the public using documents are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible PDF format. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side). Documents should be emailed to DSHS staff immediately after registration and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in handouts. Staff will not read documents aloud during the meeting, but documents will be provided to Committee members and government staff. Public speakers are not permitted to intervene or ask questions of Committee members during the remainder of the meeting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Mary Richards, Pharmacy Coordinator, State Department of Health Services, at [email protected] gov or by phone at 1-800-255-1090.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no charge to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and need assistive technology or services should contact Mary Richards, at [email protected], or 800-255-1090 at least 72 hours before the meeting so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.